Re: Vista drivers --> Win 7 drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
    > computer and install Windows 7.
    > Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
    >
    > Thanks

    I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7

    I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going

    by using XP drivers...
    philo, Sep 19, 2009

  2. philo

    Andy Guest

    philo wrote:

    > Bob wrote:
    >> I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
    >> computer and install Windows 7.
    >> Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
    >
    > I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
    >
    > by using XP drivers...

    I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine

    by installing Windows 7...

    nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)

    Cheers,
    Andy.

    --
    Registered Linux User #478766
    Andy, Sep 19, 2009

  3. philo

    Gordon Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >> Bob wrote:
    >>> I have several PCs running Vista. I can't wait to get this junk off my
    >>> computer and install Windows 7.
    >>> Will I need specific drivers for Win7 or will the Vista drivers work?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
    >>
    >> I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
    >>
    >> by using XP drivers...

    > I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
    >
    > by installing Windows 7...
    >
    > nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Andy.

    I second that.....
    Gordon, Sep 20, 2009
  4. philo

    skeeter Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Andy wrote:
    >> philo wrote:

    >>> I am sure that many of the Vista drivers will work with Win7
    >>>
    >>> I managed to get my SCSI card and scanner going
    >>>
    >>> by using XP drivers...

    >> I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
    >>
    >> by installing Windows 7...
    >>
    >> nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book eh?)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Andy.
    >>

    > I second that.....

    i had vista for 3 days before i put 7 rc on. vista crashed 4 times in three
    days, 7 hasn't crashed yet on two boxes and they get rebooted once a week.
    skeeter, Sep 20, 2009
  5. skeeter <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h959d9$hbr$>:

    >"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Andy wrote:

    off my

    work?

    >>> I got everything working just fine on a generic old P4 machine
    >>>
    >>> by installing Windows 7...
    >>>
    >>> nothing else required (must've taken a leaf out of the Linux book

    eh?)

    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Andy.
    >>>

    >> I second that.....

    >i had vista for 3 days before i put 7 rc on. vista crashed 4 times in

    three
    >days, 7 hasn't crashed yet on two boxes and they get rebooted once a

    week.

    Your personalized check from Bill gates is in the mail.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 20, 2009