    From: "Carlos" <>
    Subject: Re: Vista bullet-proof install steps
    Date: July-04-08 6:39 AM

    Colin,
    MSFT Wireless Desktop 6000 (wireless usb keyboard + mouse combo) won't work
    when plugged to a Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 motherboard even after Vista is
    installed.
    That very same combo works flawlessly in many other PC's.
    The only workaround was to use the provided USB to PS/2 adaptor and plug it
    to the PS/2 ports.
    And yes, all the corresponding USB options in BIOS are activated.
    Carlos

    Kue2, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    You should disable both the keyboard and mouse checks on "Enable this device
    to wake up..." (or however it is translated from Spanish).
    I'm not at my Vista rig right now, but it goes something like clicking on
    the device, Properties, Hardware tab, Properties again, Power Management tab.
    You have to do that for both the keyboard and mouse.
    That way your system won't wake up by itself and will enter into deep sleep
    during suspension.
    A short press on the power button will bring it back quickly to life.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 4, 2008

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos thks bud, unchecking that enables my computer to sleep now {:))).I
    was getting ready to take this desktop 3000 set back because of the sleep
    mode.
    I also picked up a "new" Samsung 22 inch monitor(model # 2253lw) very nice.

    You are getting to be quite the "whiz kid" with Vista.
    In Canada the Microsoft Desktop 3000 set (mouse-5000 & keyboard 3000 sells
    for $29.95 at Futureshops.
    Now that u fixed the sleep it's quite a bargain.{:))).

    Kue2, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Your are welcome, Hugh.
    That's the monitor my 19 year old son has.
    My 19 inches one now looks small and pale by its side. :(
    Always download the latest drivers from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 4, 2008
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thanks for the latest link for Microsoft hardware drivers.d\ling as I type.

    U should have an MVP behind your name.Your post are very accurate,to the
    point & very informative.

    Kue2, Jul 4, 2008
  6. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Thanks again, Hugh.
    Who knows, maybe sometime this southermost Vista poster of the world might
    "be in".
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 5, 2008