    > annoying-on-windows-vista/
    >
    > From simple to drastic. All work. Depends on needs/risk.

    Anybody that feels the need to or ever even calls creating and/or
    managing accounts on a a multi-user operating system "UAC"
    shouldn't be allowed to have a computer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2008

  2. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Fred <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/4-ways-to-make-uac-less-
    >> annoying-on-windows-vista/
    >>
    >> From simple to drastic. All work. Depends on needs/risk.

    >Anybody that feels the need to or ever even calls creating and/or
    >managing accounts on a a multi-user operating system "UAC"
    >shouldn't be allowed to have a computer.

    Running Win98 teach you that?
    --

    Find and mayhaps repair a stuck pixel
    http://tinyurl.com/6nro6h

    , Nov 30, 2008

  3. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Fred <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/4-ways-to-make-uac-less-
    >>> annoying-on-windows-vista/
    >>>
    >>> From simple to drastic. All work. Depends on needs/risk.

    >>Anybody that feels the need to or ever even calls creating and/or
    >>managing accounts on a a multi-user operating system "UAC"
    >>shouldn't be allowed to have a computer.

    > Running Win98 teach you that?

    No, *nix which finally convinced M$ to do a half assed job of implementing
    it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2008
  4. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >>>Anybody that feels the need to or ever even calls creating and/or
    >>>managing accounts on a a multi-user operating system "UAC"
    >>>shouldn't be allowed to have a computer.

    >> Running Win98 teach you that?

    >No, *nix which finally convinced M$ to do a half assed job of implementing
    >it.

    As for nix why aren't you using it? What could windows possible have
    to offer you that nix/linux can't. To add, one that isn't even an NT
    OS.

    Being poor is not an excuse.
    --
    Parenting
    http://www.worthalaugh.com/2008/11/30/parenting/

    , Dec 1, 2008
  5. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    >>> Running Win98 teach you that?

    >>No, *nix which finally convinced M$ to do a half assed job of
    >>implementing it.

    > As for nix why aren't you using it?

    I am. On my other computer. There is a limit to what you can *easily* do
    in usenet with linux. Slrn aside.

    > What could windows possible have to offer you that nix/linux can't.

    To add, one that isn't even an NT OS.

    Xnews.

    Not falling for the upgrade bandwagon con job for another.

    > Being poor is not an excuse.

    Time you stopped believing the bull spouted by some moronic troll whose
    only interest is in discrediting me by any means. Making up any story he
    can is the *first* thing he does. Being conned by an idiot is a pretty bad
    character flaw.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 1, 2008
  6. chuckcar wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> As for nix why aren't you using it?

    > I am. On my other computer.

    Which distro?

    > There is a limit to what you can *easily* do in usenet with linux.

    What? What is your concept of 'easily'? Spoon-fed?

    > Slrn aside.
    >
    >> What could windows possible have to offer you that nix/linux can't.

    > To add, one that isn't even an NT OS.

    That sentence does not compute.

    > Xnews.

    So use it. Haven't you heard of Wine? My favorite 40tude Dialog runs
    just fine with Wine.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 1, 2008
  7. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> As for nix why aren't you using it?

    >> I am. On my other computer.

    > Which distro?
    >
    >> There is a limit to what you can *easily* do in usenet with linux.

    > What? What is your concept of 'easily'? Spoon-fed?
    >
    >> Slrn aside.
    >>
    >>> What could windows possible have to offer you that nix/linux can't.

    >> To add, one that isn't even an NT OS.

    > That sentence does not compute.
    >
    >> Xnews.

    > So use it. Haven't you heard of Wine? My favorite 40tude Dialog runs
    > just fine with Wine.

    Wine is an excuse for windoze lackies to say they know *nix. X is
    superior in so many ways, the reason for running wine is for non-desktop
    usage such as games where you're not using the desktop.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 2, 2008
  8. chuckcar wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I am. On my other computer.

    >> Which distro?

    Repeat. Which distro?

    >>> There is a limit to what you can *easily* do in usenet with linux.

    >> What? What is your concept of 'easily'? Spoon-fed?
    >>
    >>> Slrn aside.

    >>> To add, one that isn't even an NT OS.

    >> That sentence does not compute.
    >>
    >>> Xnews.

    >> So use it. Haven't you heard of Wine? My favorite 40tude Dialog
    >> runs just fine with Wine.

    > Wine is an excuse for windoze lackies to say they know *nix. X is
    > superior in so many ways, the reason for running wine is for
    > non-desktop usage such as games where you're not using the desktop.

    Further proof you don't know what you're talking about.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 2, 2008
  9. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Being conned by an idiot is a pretty bad
    >character flaw.

    That's why I will warn of your bad advice as I come across it.

    --

    One of my favorite things
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYZMqQffQE

    , Dec 2, 2008