RE: Vista 64 Freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. Eric:
    There could be a zillion reasons causing your computer to freeze.
    First of all a few usual advices (after turning off your PC and unplugging
    it from the wall outlet).
    Extract and reseat carefully all your cards and memory sticks.
    See if that fixes it.
    Extract and reseat carefully all your connectors (power supply, drives, etc.)
    See if that fixes it.
    Remove any dust that my be obstructing your motherboard and processor fans.
    If your 1 GB or RAM is composed of 2 memory sticks, work with only one of
    them in order to determine whether one of them is faulty or not.
    Has your power supply the power wattage rating.
    An under-powered power supply can do all sort of funny things.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 28, 2007