Re: Viruses

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by «bonehead;\), Aug 21, 2004.

  1. "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > I ghosted the drive last week and showed him how to restore plus explained
    > and showed him how to remove the viruses he was getting and he just

    refuses
    > to do it himself. He is capable and not completely comp illiterate. His
    > father is a network administrator and started as a repair tech.
    > Unfortunately they don't get along and avoid each other, but he grew up in
    > the comp enviroment!
    >
    > Anyway, going to tell him that I just don't have the time to keep doing

    it.
    > This time I'm going to format his 40gig drive into two 20s (he only uses
    > about 6gig) and then once the software is installed the way he wants it

    I'm
    > going to clone it to the second partition. Then show him how to restore
    > from a clone partition. Then I'll just say "that's it, you know how to do
    > it so you have no excuse to bring it back! (unless of course he needs
    > hardware) :)
    >
    > He doesn't use his computer for much and has no personal files that ever
    > need backed-up so this solution will, or should, work!

    Then smack him in the head for being a lame@$$ ... and tell him every time
    he comes back
    it will cost him a case of beer minimum... tell him to make sure he stops at
    Burger king on the way too...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Aug 21, 2004

  2. This is slightly off-topic but I found some of these tools and ideas helped
    to speed up the process of removing what is generally known as scumware.
    This first link is to an article at TechRepublic:
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5102-6264-5285499.html

    This link is to the discussion that followed:
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?PromoFeature=discussion&PromoBy
    Passed=1&forumID=3&threadID=156350

    If you like I can email you a .doc with all of the posts to that discussion
    (to save a bit of clicking).

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Stephen, Aug 22, 2004