Re: Virus Warning.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Then send the attachment (zipped) off to Computer Associates.
    Remember they rely (partly) on people to keep them informed
    of viruses 'in the wild'.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:15:53 GMT, in
    <>
    Me2U scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Me2U Guest

    Think I will. I've had several others already looking at it. Seems E-Trust will
    identify it when it has been saved to disk, but not while in email. AVG did
    detect it once, but not when E-Trust was running in background. Another person
    couldn't get AVG to see it at all, both people were updated. Norton had no
    problem when it was an attachment, but couldn't see it when the "view source" was
    pasted into a message rather than as attachment. It gets identified when seen as
    GIBE variant B, and looking at it in text editor it has the same internal
    characteristics described for that virus. Maybe a new variant. I'll send it in.

    Me2U, Jul 15, 2003