Re: Virus Emails

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:30:32 +1200, art <> wrote:

    >Anyone else have many virus emails sitting in their mailbox. I had
    >about 30, many from xtra customers, I pressume these are from people
    >who haven't patched their systems.

    Yep I was under attack with the sobig f variant last night. I got 20
    in one hit. All with the subject Thank You! and Re: Re: My Details or
    something like that. The attachments were about 100 kb

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    NZed Guest

    Yes getting the same here Thursday night particularly.
    Mailwasher is detecting them all ....luckily.
    I dont know what virus it is...but most of them RE: details
    from people I dont know.

    NZed

    NZed, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    NZed Guest

    The other one RE: wicked screensaver

    NZed, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:02:20 +1200, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >The other one RE: wicked screensaver
    >
    >NZed

    Yes, all definitely the sobig f worm. Apparently it's set to run
    until 10 September

    The spoofed addresses and the Send To addresses are both taken from
    the files found on the computer. Also, the worm may use the settings
    of the infected computer's settings to check for an SMTP server to
    contact.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 21, 2003