Re: Virus Disabled System Restore & Windows Security

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ~BD~, May 28, 2010.

  1. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "FromTheRafters" <> wrote in message
    | "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | > What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
    | > machine?
    | >
    | > Who would ever know?
    |
    | *Someone* would soon discover it - we covered this possibility already
    | in a previous discussion.
    |
    | [...]

    Perhaps you are right ........... perhaps not! ;-)

    I'd really like to know just *who* in the anti-malware community has
    actually carried out such a check and where a 'clean bill of health' has
    been posted for inspection. Has such an independent check been carried
    out?

    Maybe Malwarebytes itself should commission an independent check by a
    reputable organisation (how about Sophos?) and have the results posted
    on the 'net to which anyone might refer if concerned about the
    organisation's integrity.

    ~BD~, May 28, 2010

  2. ~BD~

    Dustin Cook Guest

    "~BD~" <> wrote in news:htot5d$hpj$1
    @news.eternal-september.org:

    > "FromTheRafters" <> wrote in message
    >| "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    >|
    >| [...]
    >|
    >| > What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
    >| > machine?
    >| >
    >| > Who would ever know?
    >|
    >| *Someone* would soon discover it - we covered this possibility already
    >| in a previous discussion.
    >|
    >| [...]
    >
    > Perhaps you are right ........... perhaps not! ;-)
    >
    > I'd really like to know just *who* in the anti-malware community has
    > actually carried out such a check and where a 'clean bill of health'

    BD, you seem to be the only person voicing that he may not trust the
    program. In that event, perhaps you yourself should pay to have an
    independent lab do the work you so desperatly want done. On your dime, as
    I see no reason for malwarebytes to spend unneccessary funds to prove
    what everyone else already knows; it's a safe and reliable program.

    --
    Are you a former BBSer? Want to go back in time to the old days of
    ANSI and Renegade? Fire up telnet and go here then: ttb.slyip.com

    Dustin Cook, May 28, 2010