Re: virus detected

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Aldo Bleeker, May 10, 2005.

  1. Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
    > Andre Da Costa wrote:
    >
    >>If you want to be on the safe side you can also make sure you have
    >>Antivirus program such as Avast installed:
    >>

    > Just a small problem with avast, the version I downloaded yesterday have a
    > key valid till 15 of june. So, in 5 weeks, I'll have to buy it or to remove
    > it.
    >
    > McAfee have a X64 version either.... free...
    >
    > Cheers

    Did you get the right version? Avast Home is free for 'home users which
    do not use their computer for profit' (quote from their home page). You
    just register, they will send you a key by e-mail, and you can use it
    for (I think) a year. After that period you're free to apply for a new
    key. And it is really 64-bits, it works just fine on XP Pro x64, I run
    it on mine. Though I have to admit as far as I'm concerned they could
    have used a slightly less fancy interface...

    And are you sure about a free x64 McAfee? I couldn't find anything about
    an x64 version, let alone about a free version, and it doesn't sound
    like them at all, unless it's a beta, or something.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, May 10, 2005