Re: Virtual XP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Steve Foster, Oct 21, 2009.

  1. Steve Foster

    Steve Foster Guest

    Van Chocstraw wrote:

    >If Windows 7 home premium will run Windows virtual PC why won't it run the
    >Virtual XP that runs on Windows 7 Ultimate trial currently?
    >A virtual machine shouldn't be checking what host is running the machine
    >should it?

    Virtual XP Mode is only licensed to Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate
    Editions.

    It's likely that there's a check for those in there somewhere.

    If you run Virtual PC, I don't see any reason that you wouldn't be able to
    install regular Windows XP, subject to you having purchased an XP licence
    separately (since you don't get Virtual XP Mode with W7HP).

    --
    Steve Foster

    Steve Foster, Oct 21, 2009