Re: Virtual Memory Problem...I think

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Gabriel S., Jul 28, 2004.

  1. Gabriel S.

    Gabriel S. Guest

    Brian:
    The default or recommended paging file size for Windows XP Professional is
    equal to 1.5 times the total amount of physical RAM. You can enhance your
    system's performance by setting the initial size of the paging file to the
    value displayed in the Virtual Memory dialog box's Maximum Size box. This
    eliminates the time required to enlarge the file from the initial size to
    the maximum size.
    --
    I hope this helps.

    "Brian McLean" <Brian > escribiĆ³ en el
    mensaje news:...
    > Hello everyone, I was online and reading a topic on a forum about ways to

    Tweak XP to make it run a bit faster.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ABC123ABC/VirtualMemoryError.jpg

    > Ok, well the tutorial said to check "No Paging File" then apply it and

    restart your computer. So I did so and I decided to change it back but the
    problem was that I didn't remember the numbers I used in the Custom Size
    Box. I set the number to 90 and 190 just as an estimate because I had
    absolutely no idea what I was doing. Everything started working just fine
    until I put a CD into the CD drive on my computer and tried listening to
    some music. The speakers were really fuzzy. At first I thought, maybe the
    CD was messed up so I tried another CD but the same problem. This time I
    thought that maybe it was the CD drive so I listened to some music I already
    had on my computer. Again fuzzy. Yesterday I could listen to music just
    fine so unless something broke inside both of my speakers then I believe it
    has something to do with my virtual memory. Could someone help me out here?
    Gabriel S., Jul 28, 2004