Re: Vintage Photos

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lugnut, Aug 11, 2010.

  1. lugnut

    lugnut Guest

    lugnut, Aug 11, 2010

  2. lugnut

    lugnut Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:38:27 -0500, philo
    <> wrote:

    >On 08/11/2010 05:37 PM, lugnut wrote:
    >> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:21:06 -0500, philo
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://extras.denverpost.com/archive/captured.asp

    >> Outstanding!! I love that kind of thing. I always wish
    >> photos like that were mine. They do set the bar a bit
    >> higher.
    >>
    >> Lugnut

    >The photos are indeed quite outstanding
    >
    >and photos like that help me become a better photographer.
    >

    >What I've come to realize is that at the time the photos were taken
    >they would have been considered good, but perhaps not spectacular.
    >
    >What has enhanced them was the passage of time...
    >As time passes the glimpse into an era long gone becomes precious.
    >

    >After viewing old photos I've decided to be less "innovative" in my
    >photography
    >and concentrate more on the so called "common place" visions that we
    >tend to overlook in our day to day life.
    >

    >When singled out in a photograph and displayed...
    >"common" sights can be "not so common" after all...
    >and in time become quite amazing.

    It would be my guess the originals or, at least some of
    them, were taken with a 4x5 or larger view camera. I have
    worked with a view camera a bit many years ago. It is
    almost an art form within itself, done right. Over the
    years, most of my photos have been with a 6x7 format 120/220
    film. The equipment has become a bit heavy to lug around as
    I have gotten older and out of shape. I still prefer the
    6x7 but, use the 35mm film quite a bit for film. Few of my
    customers are willing to pay for decent film work of any
    sort in these days of digital everything. For that reason,
    most of my film these days is expended on personal
    satisfaction when there is time.

    Lugnut
    lugnut, Aug 13, 2010