  1. kenny

    kenny Guest

    i am using window xp pro

    kenny, Nov 22, 2004

  2. kenny

    Malke Guest

    "kenny" <.> wrote:

    > sorri, i am using window xp pro, but i am not sure what i changed. i
    > am have enabled wireless Connection and can get on line by connecting
    > to wireless. but when i try right click and "view available wireless
    > connection" , it
    > just show the screen as below and cannot click on advance. but i can
    > see the icon connecting to a wireless network on the bottom right
    > corner.

    So the wireless works, right? Are you using third-party connection
    software, something that came with your laptop or wireless card? What
    happens if you click the Advanced button on that screen?

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Nov 22, 2004

  3. kenny

    kenny Guest

    i am pretty sure i am not using third party/ or other software connecting to
    wirless, and it wont let me click on advance or connect

    kenny, Nov 23, 2004
  4. kenny

    Pavel A. Guest

    There is no Wireless tab because Intel Proset software disables it.
    Use Proset to view your networks, connect and so on.
    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 24, 2004
  5. kenny

    kenny Guest

    i am not sure what's Intel proset or where to open Proset, can u plz tell me
    how to do so?
    is there a way to enable the tab to show again?

    thx

    kenny, Nov 24, 2004
  6. Did you try to enable/start the Wireless Zero Configuration from
    administrative tools and then services ? If you do not have the wireless
    networks tab it might be disabled .

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpY3RoZVZpa2luZw==?=, Nov 24, 2004
  7. kenny

    kenny Guest

    thx it's working now!!

    kenny, Nov 24, 2004
  8. Hi,

    I have a similar problem but this solution didn't work for me. My computer
    was giving me blue screens so I repaired the OS from the CD (I use XP Pro).
    Now, I don't have the wireless tab, I have the D-Link card utility in the
    tray but 2-clicking it takes me to the Autenthicate tab, and various attempts
    at the Zero config didn't change anything; in short, I can't connect either
    way and I can't switch to the card utility program.

    Best,

    David

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Apr 19, 2005