Re: Video with 3.1MP Stills

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lucas Tam, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Brien Dinsmore" <> wrote in
    news:%NMXa.374$:

    > New camera out that is the best of both worlds: a digital video
    > camcorder & 3.1 Mega-Pixel camera in one.
    >
    > Check out the DV3000 at: http://www.vtops.com

    Not exactly the greatest video quality.

    Good job at spamming the group tho ; )

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 5, 2003

  2. > Not exactly the greatest video quality.

    Spam aside, wouldn't this be a great little all-purpose camera, especially
    for the rock-bottom price?? The picture quality is comparable to 2.1MP
    (which is really is) and the video isn't bad.

    Are there other digicam-corders out there like this one? I didn't think
    they were anywhere this cheap, as I took a look at Canon's offerings and
    said "holy poo"

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Phil, Squid-in-Training, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Nevermind... I just read some reviews. Seems that people are generally
    happy with it, given the price.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Phil, Squid-in-Training, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <> wrote in news:Q2SXa.13541$On2.889767
    @twister.tampabay.rr.com:

    > Are there other digicam-corders out there like this one? I didn't think
    > they were anywhere this cheap, as I took a look at Canon's offerings and
    > said "holy poo"

    Panasonic I believe has a mini-Camcorder+Digital Camera. It's lower
    resolution and sleeker. I saw it at the airport in Toronto a couple weeks
    ago.

    The problem with the DV3000 is that it uses flash memory. You probably
    won't be able to record more than a couple minutes of video per card.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 5, 2003