Re: video on kodak dx6340?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ron Baird, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Ron Baird

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Mike,

    The DX6340 is a great camera and I know you will enjoy it.

    As to the video feature and length of movie, keep in mind that the camera is
    really a still camera with the option of capturing video clips etc. I would
    not choose the camera to make an entire video or movie. It is possible of
    course, but if that is the need or intent, a video camera is going to give
    you far better results. If you want a mix, however, then the DX6340 is a
    good choice.

    With a DX6340 camera and a 128 meg memory card, you should be able to record
    about 11 minutes, 40 seconds. Be sure you have extra battery packs as that
    is a long running time and may drain the camera power supply. I would bring
    along extra rechargeables, or use Lithium back up. I have copied over the
    information from the website.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00132c12s6.jhtml#CFAB
    DBHG

    16 MB internal memory
    1 min., 21 sec.

    16 MB MMC/SD
    1 min., 21 sec.

    32 MB MMC/SD
    2 min., 50 sec.

    64 MB MMC/SD
    5 min., 40 sec.

    128 MB MMC/SD
    11 min., 40 sec.

    256 MB MMC/SD
    23 min.

    Good luck, let me know if you have questions.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Ron Baird

    mike Guest

    thanks ron,

    but which quality setting provides the 11 minutes plus? the 160 or 320?

    thanks,

    mike

    mike, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Hi Mike,

    Just see how long you get on the 16Mb internal memory and whichever matches
    up to 1min 21sec is your answer.

    You'll find that memory space is just doubled up so all you are doing is
    increasing the time factor by 2 each time you get a bigger memory card.

    Hope that helps and enjoy the camera.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Jul 31, 2003