Re: Video editing software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M.L., Sep 8, 2010.

  1. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >I have a video tape, about 20 years old, that when I converted to .wmv format,
    >was dark and the audio was slightly out of synch with the video. Does anyone
    >know of a program that would allow me to brighten it up some and also
    >synchronize the audio? Thanks.

    VirtualDub has good audio sync capabilities. Import the corrected
    audio into Xmedia Recode, which has very good color correction,
    denoising and deblocking filters capable of brightening and further
    refining the video. Those steps will improve the audio/video with the
    minimum of reencoding.

    VirtualDub
    Input: AVI, AVS, FLV(with plugin), MOV(with plugin), MP4(with plugin),
    MPEG1, MPEG2(with plugin), VOB(with plugin), WMV/ASF(with plugin)
    Output: AVI, WAV
    OS: Win 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista
    www.virtualdub.org/
    http://moitah.net (FLV Plugin)
    http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=qtvd_bin (MOV, MP4 plugin)
    http://home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/Plugins/MPEG2/index.html (MPEG2,
    VOB plugin)
    http://home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/Plugins/WMV/index.html (WMV/ASF
    plugin)

    XMedia Recode (switch German language menu to English)
    Input: 3GP(Mobile), 3GPP(Mobile), 3GPP2(Mobile), AVI, AVS, FLV, MKV,
    MOV, MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1, MPEG2, RM/RMVB, VOB, WMV/ASF
    Output: 3GP(Mobile), 3GPP(Mobile), 3GPP2(Mobile), AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV,
    MP4(IPOD,PSP,ZUNE), MPEG1, MPEG2, SWF, VOB, WMV/ASF
    OS: Win 2000/XP/Vista
    www.xmedia-recode.de/
    M.L., Sep 8, 2010