    Now... keep in mind, this should certainly be an upgrade from the digital cameras I've had in years past, and BTW my previous high for megapixels was just 2MP.

    Thanks..

    DAVE

    BIG DAVE, Jan 20, 2011

  2. BIG DAVE

    Dave Cohen Guest

    On 1/19/2011 7:54 PM, BIG DAVE wrote:
    > Thanks for the replies. This is the camera I am thinking of getting. I am hoping this is a decent "entry level" point and shoot camera for my "basic" needs.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6eq6e4q
    >
    > Now... keep in mind, this should certainly be an upgrade from the digital cameras I've had in years past, and BTW my previous high for megapixels was just 2MP.
    >
    > Thanks..
    >
    > DAVE

    I purchased a Canon A3100 IS after my previous camera failed. While
    these small p&s's relying only on the LCD are very convenient and can be
    carried in a pocket, I really had problems using the camera in bright
    sunlight and got myself a Panasonic FZ35, a very nice camera with lots
    of controls. Not all share my objections but it's something one should
    take into consideration.

    Dave Cohen, Jan 21, 2011