    clearer !!!!!

    Cheers

    Dee

    Deebrief, Sep 29, 2008

  2. Deebrief

    George Guest

    "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    news:ph8Ek.986$2...
    >I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
    > monitor.
    >
    > Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
    >
    > How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
    > clearer !!!!!
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    There is a special key on the keyboard near the CRTL key? you keep this down
    whilst pressing another key on the 'F' keys marked with a monitor sign.

    George, Sep 29, 2008

  3. You need to select the correct input on the TV menu, AND you have to tell
    your laptop to output the signal to the External Monitor.

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 30, 2008
  4. "George" <> wrote in message

    > "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >>I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
    >> monitor.
    >>
    >> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
    >>
    >> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
    >> clearer !!!!!
    >>

    >> Cheers
    >>

    >> Dee
    >>

    > There is a special key on the keyboard near the CRTL key? you keep this
    > down whilst pressing another key on the 'F' keys marked with a monitor
    > sign.

    I'd be pressing the FN key and the appropriate F Key.

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Deebrief

    Don McKenzie Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > You need to select the correct input on the TV menu, AND you have to
    > tell your laptop to output the signal to the External Monitor.
    >

    > "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >> I have tried to use the VGA connection from my Dell laptop into a TV
    >> monitor.
    >>
    >> Every time it comes up "NO SIGNAL"
    >>
    >> How can I easily sort this as the TV is bigger than the PC screen and
    >> clearer !!!!!

    section isolate.

    Get a standard VGA monitor, and get it working to that.
    Yes, you will need to toggle the output with Fnc+F6 I think it is.

    When you have this sorted out, then try hooking up to the TV. If the TV
    has a 15 pin VGA input, then the TV menu should show something like "PC
    Input". Select that.

    Cheers Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie