Re: VCD Question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by MrToad, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. MrToad

    MrToad Guest

    "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> Ran in the back door and
    shouted news::

    > Thor wrote:
    >> To my knowledge, VCDs and SVCDs only allow 40-75 minutes of play
    >> time. You'll probably need to split your video file, then re-encode
    >> if it has a 2 hour run time. A DVD disc probably isn't going to
    >> register in your DVD player as a VCD. You can use DVD but you'll need
    >> to use some software that can encode into DVD file format. Then, Nero
    >> can put those files onto a DVD, and your DVD player will recognize it
    >> as a DVD movie.
    >>

    >> ..
    >> "Warren Barr" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am using Nero to burn a VCD. After encoding the 2 hour .avi file,
    >>> it attempts to burn the cd but immediately ejects my blank
    >>> 80min/700mb disc and tells me that there is not enough space and I
    >>> should insert a disc with more space. This is the largest cdr I
    >>> have - should I insert a blank dvd disc? It didn't start writing
    >>> and then stop because it ran out of space - it never even started!
    >>>
    >>> Any help is appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    > That is if you even have a DVD burner, which it seems you only
    > have a cd
    > burner, which is why you are making a VCD instead of a DVD. You need
    > to either split the video as thor said, or make it much lower quality.
    > Check the video size, it has to be around 800MB (maybe a bit less
    > with the overhead for the VCD).

    -OR-
    you could Encode it as a DIVX avi, [won't be playable on a stand alone
    DVD player, or without the DIVX player], and it will fit then on a single
    CD.

    Don't sound like that's what you want though....

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Oct 14, 2003