Re: VB vs. C# Track - A SURVEY TO FIND OUT!!!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by George Prado, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. George Prado

    George Prado Guest

    If I had a dollar for every fool who ran out and claimed
    that VB is a better language than C#, I'd have my MCSD
    paid for in full. And if you want to get into a better
    syntax battle maybe you can have a go with the VFP guys.
    I personaly think that C# is a better language than VB,
    therefor I write in it. If you feel that a fast debuger
    is a feature... I think you spend too much time debuging.

    George Prado
    Concessive Technologies, Inc.
    "French is the language of love, for every thing else
    there's C#" :)

    has a lot of useful
    >syntax that C# does not.
    >
    >1) declarative event handling
    >2) single method implementing multiple interface

    functions
    >3) property with parameters
    >4) when clause for catch blocks
    >5) imports is more powerful than using because imports

    includes not only
    >classes of a namespace but also namespaces of that

    namespace.
    >6) optional parameters. This is very useful in

    declaring multiple versions
    >of constructors
    >7) C# compiles to smaller MSIL but have you try vb in

    debugging mode? I feel
    >VB code starts up a lot quicker in debugging mode than

    C#.

    George Prado, Jun 29, 2003

  2. George Prado

    Vu Dang Guest

    You call every one who do not share your view of the world a fool.

    Vu Dang, Jun 29, 2003