Re: V70 wheel lock nuts

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John H. Guillory, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:01:45 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >>> I had a problem with my locking nuts so I have taken them off.
    >>>
    >>> Is the car safe without the lock nuts, also do all V70 have the same
    >>> wheel
    >>> nuts as I don't think I will not be replacing the locking nuts.

    ^-----That line implies he wants to run the car without any
    lug-nuts where the locking lug-nuts where....

    >No - you're deat right. The engineers know what they are doing. Five studs,
    >five nuts. But I think the OP was inferring he wants to remove the locking
    >nuts and put standard nuts on. That would be okay, except as you say, it
    >makes it that much easier to steal the wheels.
    >
    >I have a very cute little new car - gold metallic finish, all trim is chrome
    >except the wheels. I have cheapy plastic wheel covers over the stock steel
    >wheels. In the neighborhood I live, classy chrome wheels don't last long
    ><g>! I think I'll probably pick up some nicer chrome plated wheel covers,
    >but certainly not expensive ones.

    As to why people spend so much money on "Looks" of a car, its beyond
    me.... I can justify spending extra money on usefullness, but.... Even
    with hookers, I wouldn't pay an extra $200 just because she was better
    looking.... I mean get real, she functions the same as any other
    hooker.....
    John H. Guillory, Jan 6, 2006

  2. John H. Guillory

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    John H. Guillory spewed forth:

    > ^-----That line implies he wants to run the car without any
    > lug-nuts where the locking lug-nuts where....
    >
    >> No - you're deat right. The engineers know what they are doing. Five
    >> studs, five nuts. But I think the OP was inferring he wants to
    >> remove the locking nuts and put standard nuts on. That would be
    >> okay, except as you say, it makes it that much easier to steal the
    >> wheels.
    >>
    >> I have a very cute little new car - gold metallic finish, all trim
    >> is chrome except the wheels. I have cheapy plastic wheel covers over
    >> the stock steel wheels. In the neighborhood I live, classy chrome
    >> wheels don't last long <g>! I think I'll probably pick up some nicer
    >> chrome plated wheel covers, but certainly not expensive ones.

    > As to why people spend so much money on "Looks" of a car, its beyond
    > me.... I can justify spending extra money on usefullness, but.... Even
    > with hookers, I wouldn't pay an extra $200 just because she was better
    > looking.... I mean get real, she functions the same as any other
    > hooker.....

    Personal tastes. I'd spend more on a blonde with big t*** than a skinny
    brunette <g>. Same with my car - just personal tastes.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2006