Re: V Cast Media Manager

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:10:22 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, "Jane_Galt" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
    >>use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
    >>with the USB and software.
    >>
    >>But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
    >>wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
    >>
    >>WTF!
    >>
    >>I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
    >>this.
    >>
    >>DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

    > When you connect your phone, you should be able to simply browse the
    > phone's directory. There should be a file called 'music' or ringtones,
    > and you should be able to copy the ringtones as mp3 directly to that
    > folder.

    Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

    Meat Plow, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:23:40 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:14:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

    > Hmm.. The last two I had did :) Maybe those were the exceptions? :)

    Depends. Qualcomm phones are difficult to get to system folder on.

    Meat Plow, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:14:45 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:23:40 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:14:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Not on most Verizon phones using Brew.

    >> Hmm.. The last two I had did :) Maybe those were the exceptions? :)

    > Depends. Qualcomm phones are difficult to get to system folder on.

    The most useful resource for hacking mobile phones that I've found is
    here:

    <http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/>

    My first port of call anytime I need to find out how to work on a mobile
    phone.

    Unfortunately for the Ayn Rand-fan OP bitch, she won't see this post, as
    she stupidly bit-bucketed me

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Oct 29, 2010