Re: V Cast Media Manager

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
    > use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
    > with the USB and software.
    >
    > But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
    > wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
    >
    > WTF!
    >
    > I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
    > this.
    >
    > DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

    You'll need to format your hard drive in 64 bit mode, and then it will
    work.

    Dan C, Oct 29, 2010

  2. Dan C

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:48:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >
    >> I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
    >> use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
    >> with the USB and software.
    >>
    >> But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
    >> wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
    >>
    >> WTF!
    >>
    >> I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
    >> this.
    >>
    >> DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

    > You'll need to format your hard drive

    Right on cue.

    Meat Plow, Oct 29, 2010

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:48:52 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:48 -0500, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just signed up for a Verizon account and got a Samsung phone. I dont
    >>> use texting or internet, so need to transfer my ringtones and photos
    >>> with the USB and software.
    >>>
    >>> But I go to install their V Cast Media Manager and it balks, saying it
    >>> wont install or run on a 64 bit system.
    >>>
    >>> WTF!
    >>>
    >>> I looked and they dont appear to have anything for 64 bit that does
    >>> this.
    >>>
    >>> DOes anyone know a workaround or software for this?

    >> You'll need to format your hard drive

    > Right on cue.

    How predictable.

    PWNED!

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dressed up like Santa and grabbed his axe.

    Dan C, Oct 30, 2010
  4. Dan C

    joevan Guest

    On 30 Oct 2010 00:08:16 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> You'll need to format your hard drive

    >> Right on cue.

    >How predictable.

    Yep, you are predictable and a bore.

    joevan, Oct 30, 2010
  5. Dan C

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:08:16 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:04:43 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> You'll need to format your hard drive

    >> Right on cue.

    > How predictable.
    >
    > PWNED!

    Nice self spank, doofus. I'll give that one a B+

    Meat Plow, Oct 30, 2010