Re: Usenet service?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catchme, Mar 1, 2009.

  1. catchme

    catchme Guest

    Coffee Lover Girl wrote:
    > I'm looking for a low cost usenet service that would allow me to use my
    > own reader, cross post to less than 10 groups max, I dont need binaries,
    > and post anonymously with a large pool of groups available.
    >
    > Is there something for say, $5 a month or less?

    depending upon where you are.
    from my province in canada, both major ISP's offer newsgroups for free,
    accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    catchme, Mar 1, 2009

  2. catchme wrote:

    > accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    ...and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 1, 2009

  3. catchme

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-02, Lookout <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:25:17 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>catchme wrote:
    >>
    >>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    >>..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

    > But he was referring to FREE newsreaders

    You mean to say that some have to be paid for?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Lookout wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> catchme wrote:
    >>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    >> ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

    > But he was referring to FREE newsreaders

    On the chance that you forgot the smiley, I have multiple FREE
    newsreaders installed, and they are all better than OE and Thunderbird.

    :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  5. catchme

    catchme Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > catchme wrote:
    >
    >> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    > ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

    aye, there may well be-
    but none that are free
    (that were tested by me)

    catchme, Mar 2, 2009
  6. catchme wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> catchme wrote:
    >>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

    >> ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

    > aye, there may well be-
    > but none that are free

    40tude Dialog, Xnews, Gravity, Pan, XPN, and the list goes on. All are
    better than OE and Tbird, and all are free.

    > (that were tested by me)

    Oh. Well ... get busy!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  7. catchme

    catchme Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Lookout wrote:

    > On the chance that you forgot the smiley, I have multiple FREE
    > newsreaders installed, and they are all better than OE and Thunderbird.
    >
    > :)

    a list?

    catchme, Mar 2, 2009
  8. catchme wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> On the chance that you forgot the smiley, I have multiple FREE
    >> newsreaders installed, and they are all better than OE and
    >> Thunderbird.

    > a list?

    See earlier post: Message-ID: <goh2fc$3dp$>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  9. Lookout wrote:

    > The list wasn't inclusive.

    My list ... was inclusive --> "and the list goes on." ;-)

    --
    -bts
    -"Windows - Life Without Wallsâ„¢"

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009