    more than that are worthless.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 28, 2009

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Mike Easter Guest

    remove wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Coffee Lover Girl wrote:
    >>
    >>> cross post to less than 10 groups max,

    >> 10 groups? You'll never show up in my newsreader, as I have it set to
    >> kill posts cross-posted to more than three. Generally, posts sent to
    >> more than that are worthless.
    >>

    > how do you do that?

    Most people doing it by picking a header which appears in the overview,
    such as xref, and filtering on the occurrences of an xref structure of
    multiple newsgroups.

    I haven't built any filters with Tbird, but it looks very very weak in the
    filter capabilities for news, so you would have to use a more powerful
    filter with Tbird such as Nfilter/NewsProxy http://www.nfilter.org/

    The Tbird mail filter has a 'customize' choice for headerline as well as a
    lot more default choices, but the news filter doesn't. I don't know if
    there is a plugin or not.

    nfilter.dat = * drop xref:*:.*:

    --
    Mike Easter