Re: Use software to control camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by daniothefish@hotmail.com, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > 1. Is Canon 10D a good choice for computer controlled picture taking?

    Canon poublished their SDK to enable you to do this so should be. All
    the big manufacturers should do this - check out their SDK feature sets
    and the feature sets of their cameras and find which you like the best.

    > 2. How do I write software to download picture from 10D? Can 10D work
    > as a virtual harddrive where I can just copy the picture from drive D
    > to drive C while the camera is taking picture?

    Get the SDK from Canon - it has all the API information.
    You can get software already written that may be able to do what you
    want with some additional work on sending the files to your server,
    e.g:
    http://www.breezesys.com/products.htm#dslr

    > 3. One of the problems that we have is how to take pictures at night?
    > Because of the distance, flash is not going to work. Is there any way
    > that we can increase the exposure time with software?

    Yep - through the SDK.

    , Aug 5, 2004

  2. Jerry Guest

    Thanks for the useful information.

    Is there a similar SDK remote control software for SONY F828 or Nikon cameras?

    Jerry, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Jerry Guest

    Is there a SDK remote control software for SONY F828 or Nikon cameras?

    Jerry, Aug 6, 2004