Re: USB3 or e-SATA??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Kele, Jan 11, 2011.

  1. Kele

    Kele Guest

    I recently shopped for an external drive case for Christmas concerning a
    laptop with an eSATA port. You're right, there aren't both eSATA and USB3
    equipped cases yet (I found one no name-brand only). I feel eSATA will go
    obsolete in favor of the more well known USB name. The speed are pretty
    close; eSATA only slightly faster that USB3 - but not enough for eSATA to
    get a better hold in the market and become wide-spread I'm afraid. Looking
    at a few brands for external drives, it already seems the newest include
    USB3 but not eSATA or eSATA is now only available in the highest capacity
    offerings. Laptop express cards for USB3 are already more available than
    eSATA. This is why I think if you want to use the eSATA capability of an
    existing system, move to obtain any necessary eSATA peripherals fairly soon.
    Don't forget USB3 capability requires a USB3 cable. I understand that USB3
    ports will be color coded blue as standard.

    <> wrote:
    Hi, I'd like to buy a new PC and I'd like to know if it is better to
    buy a case and motherboard with USB3 or e-SATA port.
    Why many new and expensive cases have e-SATA port but don't have USB3
    port? In your opinion, what is better please?
    I'm sorry my inexperience.

    Kele, Jan 11, 2011