Re: USB to IDE adapters??

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Gerard Bok, Jul 15, 2007.

  1. Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:03:47 -0500, "Steve"
    <teenagewasteland.com> wrote:

    >I often find the need to transfer or copy data from other computers.
    >Examples would be dead computers where the hard drive is still functional or
    >older computers such as Windows 98 that do not have USB 2.0 or LAN network
    >adapters.
    >
    >I have a device from Rosewill RCW-605 that I currently use. It makes it so
    >easy to transfer data eliminating the need to remove the hard drive from the
    >old computer and in instances on site where the user has only an older
    >desktop and a new laptop that needs the data transfered to.
    >
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119018
    >
    >It works most the time but once in a while it does not read a known good
    >drive

    Using a comparable device (Sitecom CN330) I find that some drives
    need to be stapped as CableSelect to get them recognized.

    (Well, at least it is easy to try :)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok