Re: usb fm sender

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Squiggle, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., threw some characters down the
    intarwebs:
    > I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
    > It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
    > the house. It works really well.
    > They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
    > transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
    > to plug into car lighter sockets.
    >
    > Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
    > sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
    >
    > TIA
    > Reg

    Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
    slow.

    Squiggle, Aug 30, 2010

  2. On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <>
    wrote:

    >On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., threw some characters down the
    >intarwebs:
    >> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
    >> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
    >> the house. It works really well.
    >> They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
    >> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
    >> to plug into car lighter sockets.
    >>
    >> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
    >> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Reg

    >http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
    >
    >Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
    >slow.

    Rubbish they are not slow.

    William Brown, Aug 31, 2010

  3. Squiggle

    Richard Guest

    William Brown wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., threw some characters down the
    >> intarwebs:
    >>> I have a dse fm sender which I got some years ago.
    >>> It plugs into a usb port and transmits to a radio at the other end of
    >>> the house. It works really well.
    >>> They do not sell them any longer and all my searches turn up are
    >>> transmitters for use with ipods and the like powered by batteries or
    >>> to plug into car lighter sockets.
    >>>
    >>> Does any one know of a product comparable to the old DSE fm
    >>> sender(XH1927) for use with a desktop box.
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> Reg

    >> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
    >>
    >> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
    >> slow.

    > Rubbish they are not slow.

    About the only time I think I will agree with you ;)

    They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
    because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
    expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

    NZ post sometimes have a go slow with airmail, but that affects
    everything from hong kong. I try to find singapore or thai ebay sellers
    for that reason.

    Richard, Aug 31, 2010
  4. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    On 31/08/2010 6:56 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > William Brown wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:34:22 +1200, Squiggle <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 30/08/2010 9:59 p.m., threw some characters down the
    >>> intarwebs:

    >>> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39684
    >>>
    >>> Might do the trick, just don't expect DX to deliver in a hurry, they are
    >>> slow.

    >> Rubbish they are not slow.

    > About the only time I think I will agree with you ;)
    >
    > They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
    > because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
    > expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

    Thats the exact opposite of my dealings with them, the quickest they
    have ever shipped anything I've ordered is 4 days, the order I placed on
    the 17th of this month hasn't shipped yet, and I'm just hoping it gets
    shipped by the time I check on Monday otherwise I'll probably cancel it
    as it will arrive too late to be any use to me.

    Squiggle, Aug 31, 2010
  5. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    On Aug 31, 7:29 pm, Squiggle <> wrote:
    > On 31/08/2010 6:56 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >

    > > William Brown wrote:

    > >> Rubbish  they are not slow.

    > > About the only time I think I will agree with you ;)

    > > They have almost always shipped within 2 days of my orders, if not it is
    > > because of supply issues so they have split the shipment which I would
    > > expect them to do so since I have paid for the postage on each item anyway.

    > Thats the exact opposite of my dealings with them, the quickest they
    > have ever shipped anything I've ordered is 4 days, the order I placed on
    > the 17th of this month hasn't shipped yet, and I'm just hoping it gets
    > shipped by the time I check on Monday otherwise I'll probably cancel it
    > as it will arrive too late to be any use to me.

    The items i ordered on the 17th finally shipped on the 3rd (except, as
    murphy's law dictates, the one item I actually need on a date not too
    far in the future) after I lodged an enquiry with customer service .
    The DX website said they shipped on the 31st, but the HK post tracking
    number says picked up on the 3rd, and the courier attempted delivery
    yesterday (6th).

    The one item I really need finally shipped today (according to DX, no
    tracking number supplied), hopefully it also takes less than a week
    to arrive.

    I stand by my claim that DX can be bloody slow. If you need something
    in a hurry, buy locally.
    In contrast to Richard's experiences i've found Dealextreme = slow and
    HKpost/NZpost = bloody quick.

    Squiggle, Sep 7, 2010
  6. On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Squiggle <>

    May be they just don't like you..?

    William Brown, Sep 7, 2010