Re: USA to pay for bank crisis

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NotMe, Jul 4, 2010.

  1. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    "data" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If Obama is making BP pay for the gulf cleanup and more besides, why
    > doesn't the US pay for the fraud inflicted on UK and EU banks?

    Perhaps because those banks were willing participants in the scam?
    NotMe, Jul 4, 2010

  2. NotMe

    Falco Guest

    NotMe wrote:
    > "data" <> wrote in message
    >> If Obama is making BP pay for the gulf cleanup and more besides, why
    >> doesn't the US pay for the fraud inflicted on UK and EU banks?

    > Perhaps because those banks were willing participants in the scam?

    Like the owners of the oil rig and blow out preventer were participants in
    the scam to make a fast buck out of BP - who by the way only leased the rig.

    So how about getting them to pay their share of the clean-up costs and
    compensation to those affected - and that should be the bulk of the costs
    BTW?

    But that's yanks for you, blame everybody apart from themselves.

    And as for the banking "scam" where did that scam start?

    Yep you've got it, that great thieving capitalist country called the USA
    where the wankers (sorry bankers) decided they would create the Sub-Prime
    mortgage and lend money at extortionate rates to those who really couldn't
    afford to buy their houses with those very same wankers knowing full well
    that the mortages coudn't be paid - and then they would foreclose on these
    mortgages and resell the houses at a great profit. That didn't pan-out too
    well, those great yankee bankers ran out of cash in trying to prop up the
    dodgy deals and the 'slum' started - and the rest of the world now suffers
    greatly for that greed.
    Falco, Jul 4, 2010

  3. NotMe

    83LowRider Guest

    Falco wrote:

    > Yep you've got it, that great thieving capitalist country called the
    > USA where the wankers (sorry bankers) decided they would create the
    > Sub-Prime mortgage and lend money at extortionate rates to those who
    > really couldn't afford to buy their houses with those very same
    > wankers knowing full well that the mortages coudn't be paid - and
    > then they would foreclose on these mortgages and resell the houses at
    > a great profit.

    Blame our politicians that required lending to those
    who were under-funded or not qualifed to buy a home.

    > That didn't pan-out too well, those great yankee
    > bankers ran out of cash in trying to prop up the dodgy deals and the
    > 'slum' started - and the rest of the world now suffers greatly for
    > that greed.

    The world has prospered on our coattails for years. The
    world suffers when we suffer.
    83LowRider, Jul 5, 2010
  4. NotMe

    The Henchman Guest

    Northern Rock

    Remember them?
    The Henchman, Jul 5, 2010
  5. NotMe

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:45:41 -0400, 83LowRider wrote:

    > Blame our politicians that required lending to those who were
    > under-funded or not qualifed to buy a home.

    That Thatcher bitch introduced 'Right to buy' here in the eighties. That
    seems to have worked out well. How come you Yanks fucked it up so badly?

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  6. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    "Falco" <falco@diilly-daally....invalid.com> wrote in message
    > NotMe wrote:
    >> "data" <> wrote in message
    >>> If Obama is making BP pay for the gulf cleanup and more besides, why
    >>> doesn't the US pay for the fraud inflicted on UK and EU banks?

    >> Perhaps because those banks were willing participants in the scam?

    > Like the owners of the oil rig and blow out prevented were participants in
    > the scam to make a fast buck out of BP - who by the way only leased the
    > rig.
    >
    > So how about getting them to pay their share of the clean-up costs and
    > compensation to those affected - and that should be the bulk of the costs
    > BTW?
    >
    > But that's yanks for you, blame everybody apart from themselves.
    >
    > And as for the banking "scam" where did that scam start?
    >
    > Yep you've got it, that great thieving capitalist country called the USA
    > where the wankers (sorry bankers) decided they would create the Sub-Prime
    > mortgage and lend money at extortionate rates to those who really couldn't
    > afford to buy their houses with those very same wankers knowing full well
    > that the mortgages couldn't be paid - and then they would foreclose on
    > these mortgages and resell the houses at a great profit. That didn't
    > pan-out too well, those great yankee bankers ran out of cash in trying to
    > prop up the dodgy deals and the 'slum' started - and the rest of the world
    > now suffers greatly for that greed.

    The root of problem can be traced to one (retired) US Senator Phil Gramm
    (TEXAS) who inserted ~250 pages of text in a must pass legislation at the
    behest of the banking and insurance industry. Graham was well known for
    accepting contributions from the banking and finace industry, including
    international banks. He was a financial advisor to presidential candidate
    John McCain until he put his foot in it on national TV.

    Many of the sub prime loans were made to applicants that should have been
    qualified for standard mortgages but who were steered to the sub prim market
    as that was where the greatest commission were offered. Included in that
    game were professionals (many of who held licenses) that also game the
    system by providing inflated appraisals. (Recall the savings and loan
    crisis of a few decades back?)

    Many of the banks in the rest of the world did not perform a due
    diligence/reality verification of what they were selling to their clients.
    (does the term 'obscene commissions/profits' ring a bell?)

    Recall you get what you inspect not what you expect?

    Need I mention these were the same folk that where high on recommending
    investing in ENRON and MCI?
    NotMe, Jul 5, 2010
  7. NotMe

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:00:04 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:

    I didn't **** anything up.
    Meat Plow, Jul 5, 2010
  8. NotMe

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 13:32:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:00:04 +0000, Aardvark ÇʇoɹÊ:
    >
    >> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:45:41 -0400, 83LowRider wrote:
    >>
    >>> Blame our politicians that required lending to those who were
    >>> under-funded or not qualifed to buy a home.

    >> That Thatcher bitch introduced 'Right to buy' here in the eighties.
    >> That seems to have worked out well. How come you Yanks fucked it up so
    >> badly?

    > I didn't **** anything up.

    Let me rephrase that: "How come your Yank politicians fucked it up so
    badly?"

    Better?

    Aardvark, Jul 5, 2010
  9. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 13:32:38 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> That Thatcher bitch introduced 'Right to buy' here in the eighties.
    >>> That seems to have worked out well. How come you Yanks fucked it up so
    >>> badly?

    >> I didn't **** anything up.

    > Let me rephrase that: "How come your Yank politicians fucked it up so
    > badly?"

    They were well paid for their effort with a significant contraptions to the
    pot by foreign banking/financial interest.
    NotMe, Jul 6, 2010