Re: uploading pictures

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Photography-Forum is the name of the site and I appear to be the only member
    having this problem.
    I have just checked through all the settings as recommended by Microsoft for
    "multiple windows opening" and all my settings are correct.
    However when I tried again to upload a picture it went through no problem
    and now appears on the site.
    I have tried several more times and when I click on upload I get the message
    "This page cannot be displayed" so I am back to square one. I was originally
    getting this message before it started opening the multiple windows.
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Jim

    Vanguard Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Photography-Forum is the name of the site and I appear to be the
    > only member having this problem.

    Photography-Forum.com (64.74.96.243)
    Photography-Forum.net (72.32.79.195)
    Photography-Forum.org (81.19.63.110)
    There might be more but I didn't bother to check beyond the big TLDs
    (top-level domains). Still no real identification.

    > I have tried several more times and when I click on upload I get the
    > message "This page cannot be displayed" so I am back to square one.

    Some things to try:
    - Flush the browser's temp file cache.
    - Set IE to automatically check for new pages on every visit.
    - Flush all cookies.
    - Reboot into Windows Safe mode to see if the problem continues.
    - Use BHODemon or another utility to see what BHOs (browser helper
    objects) you might have installed that will affect IE's behavior.
    - Put the domain into the Trusted Sites security zone. That means you
    let them run ANYTHING. If it works there, they are doing something
    screwy with their script, like no graceful recovery, that won't work
    under whatever settings you have for the Internet security zone (which
    you could try to reset to the default level, too).

    Vanguard, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks Vanguard for the suggestions.
    The site is www.photography-forum.org
    A new site and very interesting if you are into photography.
    I have tried out some of your suggestions.
    I have now uploaded some pics this afternoon but found I had to reduce the
    size to less than half the permitted size of the forum.
    Maybe this is the answer. At the moment it is working so once again thank
    you.
    Regards.
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 17, 2006