Re: Upgrading Win XP, problem!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    I'm sorry but I have just deleted those files.
    Unfortunately your reply has arrived too much later.
    Bit now I haven't any problems, everithing is OK.
    I have tried to do a new update for Win XP Pro but the microsoft site
    tells me there are not a new update.
    Why?
    I am an a little worried.
    thanks Adriano

    Adriano, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Adriano <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm sorry but I have just deleted those files.
    > Unfortunately your reply has arrived too much later.
    > Bit now I haven't any problems, everithing is OK.
    > I have tried to do a new update for Win XP Pro but the microsoft site
    > tells me there are not a new update.
    > Why?
    > I am an a little worried.
    > thanks Adriano
    >

    > >Is a update from windows.
    > >New Folders That Are Created When You Install Windows XP SP1
    > >The following folders are created when you install Windows XP SP1:
    > >%systemroot%\Servicepackfiles
    > >%systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$
    > >folder name that contains 20 random characters, for example,
    > >9470bb12e8a4f3447657236478e41c5
    > >NOTE: The %systemroot% environment variable refers to your Windows
    > >folder
    > >
    > >IMPORTANT: Do not delete or move this folder.
    > >To uninstall a service pack from a command prompt:
    > >Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    > >Change to the c:\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst folder.
    > >Type Spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
    > >Type exit, and then press ENTER.
    > >GOT THIS INFO FROM:CHECK IT OUT AND I THINK THAT THIS MAY BE THE
    > >SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.GOOD LUCK
    > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329260
    > >
    > >GREETINGS
    > >

    > >http://members.benl.ebay.be/aboutme/doorsawake/

    probably because there are at the moment no important updates
    needed.normally your pc would update automaticly if there is a
    important update needed unless you adjust something.No if you go to
    your computer go to "automatic...updates" you can change the
    setting.If you din't changed it then there is no problem.Xp wil update
    itself when needed.

    greetings
    Nik Vansevenant, Mar 3, 2004