Re: Upgrading Win XP, problem!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    >Do a registry clean.maybe that will work.Can you bit more specific.Is
    >the folder empty...etc...then i can help.

    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I see inside that folder another folder: "sp2 folder"
    Inside "sp2" there are two files and another folder: spmsg.dll and
    spuninst.exe. Iside the folder "update" name there are: spuninst.exe
    and spcustom.dll.
    I'd like to know if I can delete everything because I dont like to see
    any files in that HD.
    Thanks again

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Adriano <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >Do a registry clean.maybe that will work.Can you bit more specific.Is
    > >the folder empty...etc...then i can help.

    > Hi, thanks for your reply.
    > I see inside that folder another folder: "sp2 folder"
    > Inside "sp2" there are two files and another folder: spmsg.dll and
    > spuninst.exe. Iside the folder "update" name there are: spuninst.exe
    > and spcustom.dll.
    > I'd like to know if I can delete everything because I dont like to see
    > any files in that HD.
    > Thanks again
    >
    > bye Adriano

    Is a update from windows.
    New Folders That Are Created When You Install Windows XP SP1
    The following folders are created when you install Windows XP SP1:
    %systemroot%\Servicepackfiles
    %systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$
    folder name that contains 20 random characters, for example,
    9470bb12e8a4f3447657236478e41c5
    NOTE: The %systemroot% environment variable refers to your Windows
    folder

    IMPORTANT: Do not delete or move this folder.
    To uninstall a service pack from a command prompt:
    Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    Change to the c:\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst folder.
    Type Spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
    Type exit, and then press ENTER.
    GOT THIS INFO FROM:CHECK IT OUT AND I THINK THAT THIS MAY BE THE
    SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.GOOD LUCK
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329260

    GREETINGS

    http://members.benl.ebay.be/aboutme/doorsawake/