Re: Upgrading this old XP desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Earle Horton, May 10, 2008.

  1. Earle Horton

    Earle Horton Guest

    Video card, motherboard, hard drive. Save the old HDs for backup devices.
    If you want to be fancy put them in external USB drive enclosures.
    Otherwise just leave one plugged in as a slave drive. If you have a
    motherboard based video, you don't know what you're missing. EIDE should be
    fine for the HDs.

    I have a number of VIA based Socket 370 mobos that are supposed to take 1 Gb
    memory. I am running them with 768 Mb because when I give them the full Gb,
    XP reboots. Anyone know why this is so? P6VEM, P6STMT, CM33-TC/TL, they
    all do it.

    Earle

    Earle Horton, May 10, 2008