Re: upgrade path from 95 to xp

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. I would stick with Windows 95 over ME. :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    You know, I must have gotten stuck with a mislabeled copy
    of ME. I received it preinstalled on a Dell PC and never had
    any unusual problems (beyond the normal amount of
    windows don't do that issues) with it and was always able to
    recover gracefully from any issues that did arise. I used it
    all through college and never lost a paper or a program that
    I was writing the whole time I was there.

    Lnkwizard2, Mar 13, 2007

  3. my parents had ME forever and just got rid of it a couple weeks ago.. i
    hated it

    what i hated most was it's problems with reading the file sizes of
    objects...it seemed to have trouble with that a lot. On flash drives you
    could put it into the computer and it would say 500mb ... go take it to a
    comp with xp and delete all the files off of it... take it back to ME it
    still says 500mb even though there is nothing on it... lol it would spot you
    500 MB from then on... lol

    so many probs with that OS but that was my most hated one

    Keith Chilton, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Regardless of its problems, there is no reason anyone should be using
    any machine (especially a production machine) lower than Windows 2000
    Professional. And I cringe a little when I see that. Here is the point:
    No Microsoft operating system past Windows XP can hold a candle to
    Windows XP or Vista. For that matter, Vista's biggest competitor is not
    Mac. It is not Linux. It is Windows XP.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007
  5. interesting

    Keith Chilton, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Windows 2000 is a good operating system I like it for the most part but I of
    course like XP much better. The thing i like the most about 2000 is it's
    stability. I do not get many calls from Windows 2000 users where I work.
    Believe it or not we still have windows 98 stations here and there so I
    still have to support those. They are slowly going into the closet though
    haha

    Keith Chilton, Mar 14, 2007
  7. The probable reason why it is stable is due to the fact that it has four
    full service packs and one rollup update package. I mean really if you
    cannot get a stable operating system after essentially five upgrades, it
    is time to cut bait. :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007
  8. thats a good point too

    Keith Chilton, Mar 15, 2007