Re: Upgrade from Windows 98SE to XP Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bart van der Wolf, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. "DScheffold" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering upgrading to XP Pro from 98 SE but I have a few concerns.

    I am
    > running a P3 650MB with Intel processor. I have 512MB of RAM. Now the

    sticky
    > part. I have a Nikon 2000 Film Scanner and a Nikon Flatbed Scanner that

    both
    > operate off of an Adaptec SCSI controller. I had a difficult time

    installing
    > both scanners but they are now operating fine. I am concerned when I

    install
    > the upgrade that the SCSI devices will not operate. Has anyone upgraded

    with
    > similar conditions?

    Update your various drivers and BIOS to the latest (XP compatible if
    available) versions. Uninstall virus scanners and such. Upgrading from WinME
    to XP Pro went smooth for me. Some drivers were automatically replaced by
    WHQL approved versions.

    Get the latest ASPI layers from Adaptec:
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70

    The ASPI Layers are needed for the LS2000, so you must add them after
    upgrading to XP.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 11, 2003