Re: Upgrade 515E pix from R to UR?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Andrey Tarasov, Jun 4, 2009.

  1. just bob wrote:
    > If I want to upgrade a 515E-R to 515E-UR is there a better way than buying a
    > used PIX off eBay or what? I need more than 64MB of RAM ....

    It depends... Differences between UR and R are following - 1) VAC+
    (IPSec accelerator); 2) 128MB of DRAM vs 64MB; 3) unlimited connections;
    4) more interfaces.
    If you just need more memory - you can add without any problem. I
    believe it was PC100 standard, either one or two DIMMs.
    If you need more interfaces and connections, you will have to find
    somebody who can sell you upgrade license. Or just buy UR from eBay :)

    Regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Jun 4, 2009

  2. Andrey Tarasov

    Gary Guest

    You may find it's as cheap or cheaper to replace it with an ASA 5510
    instead of purchasing an upgrade license. q.v. the 515E's end-of-sale
    and end-of-life announcement: http://tiny.pl/3wn2

    -Gary

    Gary, Jun 5, 2009

  3. Andrey Tarasov

    fawad

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    hello can any one tel me how to connect cisco router to which thing when configuring PPPOE please i m confused i hav ADSL modem i m conecting cisco router to ADSL modem and configuring pppoe in cisco router . will this works or any one could tell me. what i will use ist their is a RJ 45 to RJ 11 connector

    fawad, Jun 6, 2009