Re: Update: Was Re: Lousy Canon Repair Service!! (FS4000)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JK, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    Is it a new one or a refurbished one? The hard drive makers usually
    replace drives that fail and are within the warranty period with a
    refurbished one, and not a new one.

    JK, Sep 14, 2003

  2. JK

    FOR7b Guest

    >Is it a new one or a refurbished one? The hard drive makers usually
    >replace drives that fail and are within the warranty period with a
    >refurbished one, and not a new one.

    Upon very careful inspection it looks new to me. Looking inside the scanner it
    is immaculate with not a speck of dust in sight. Sure it could have also been
    cleaned but it looks like new clean, if that makes sense. Plus the FS4000 has
    that slightly grinding gear sound from the film holder drooping upon ejection
    and this one doesn't have it, at least not yet or maybe it was designed out of
    this possible later unit. Anyway, it is working great so far and they gave me
    a warranty for six months so I'm crossing my fingers that it keeps working
    right for some time.

    FOR7b, Sep 15, 2003