Re: Update problems with XP HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Apr 16, 2009.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Jim P" <> wrote in message
    > One of our computers that are on a domain updated yesterday and after it
    > rebooted lost all of it's settings and icons on the desktop.
    > It is almost like the computer as back in it's original state. I put the
    > desktop folder back to his user name and after rebooting they are gone
    > again.
    >
    > This is a Windows XP system
    >

    > Jim

    ==============================
    Can he log onto other PC's and that's OK ?
    Log onto domain from his pc as another user:
    problem follow 'him' or 'any account on his PC' ?
    Log on locally , not domain - desktop there ?
    What "updates" ? (updated yesterday )
    Does he have cached account ?
    - Bobb -, Apr 16, 2009

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Jim P" <> wrote in message

    >> "Jim P" <> wrote in message
    >>> One of our computers that are on a domain updated yesterday and after it
    >>> rebooted lost all of it's settings and icons on the desktop.
    >>> It is almost like the computer as back in it's original state. I put the
    >>> desktop folder back to his user name and after rebooting they are gone
    >>> again.
    >>>
    >>> This is a Windows XP system
    >>>

    >>> Jim
    >>>

    >> ==============================
    >> Can he log onto other PC's and that's OK ?
    >> Log onto domain from his pc as another user:
    >> problem follow 'him' or 'any account on his PC' ?
    >> Log on locally , not domain - desktop there ?
    >> What "updates" ? (updated yesterday )
    >> Does he have cached account ?
    >>

    > Only his user name seems to be having the problem. If I log in as admin it
    > seems fine.
    > The updates were all XP security updates. (6 of them)
    > I will try the local login after lunch.
    > Not sure if account is cached.
    >
    > Thanks

    Don't use admin - use an account name that has not logged onto domain from
    his PC before - so you know that you are "getting to the domain " and
    running user scripts.
    - Bobb -, Apr 17, 2009