Re: Unwelcome change following "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Roger Hird wrote:
    > I'm using F'fox 3.5.3 (it says).
    >
    > Somewhere amongst recent updates - it may have been when it first went to
    > F'fox 3 at all - not sure - I lost the little circle of revolving dots
    > that tells you a page is loading.
    >
    > It is still there if I have more than one tab open but if I have only a
    > single page on view I can't find it. It's helpful with slow loading pages
    > since I at least know that something is happening while I'm waiting - or
    > while the page is ignoring my mouse-clicks!
    >
    > My memory is that in earlier versions I didn't have to have other tabs
    > open to see this.
    >
    > Is there any way I can still have the page loading info without keeping
    > another tab open unecessarily?
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation!
    >
    > Roger H

    its called a throbber, and it should be there all the
    time. There should be no indication of what you're
    describing. Are you using the default theme? How about
    right clicking on that toolbar, and select Customize
    and see if its there. If so, then move it to the toolbar.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 14, 2009