    do it. Tried repairing IE, but still the same.

    Any ideas please.

    Rhian.

    Rhian, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Rhian

    Boomer Guest

    "Rhian" <> wrote:

    > Hi.
    > I seem to have got rid of the popups at last.
    > Thanks to all who helped.
    > Still have the same problem with the mouse though.
    > Tried another two different mice, still the same.
    > Can't copy any text, off any web page.
    > If I highlight the text, I have to copy from "edit"
    > If I copy from say note pad, it will not paste into
    > a webform for example. I have to use "edit" paste.
    > All the options at the top of the browser work,
    > File, Edit, View etc and they are clickable, except
    > for Favourites. If I try Add to Favourites, It won't
    > do it. Tried repairing IE, but still the same.
    >
    > Any ideas please.
    >
    > Rhian.

    Hi Rhian,

    It's easy to miss your question because you put "Re:" at the
    beginning of your subject line. It makes your message look like
    'you' are replying to someone.

    Did you add or remove any programs right before this started
    happening? What OS? Cna you do a Scandisk? Defrag?
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    I would start here:
    °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

    What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    short cuts, do a
    Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?

    Boomer, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Rhian

    Rhian Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Rhian" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi.
    > > I seem to have got rid of the popups at last.
    > > Thanks to all who helped.
    > > Still have the same problem with the mouse though.
    > > Tried another two different mice, still the same.
    > > Can't copy any text, off any web page.
    > > If I highlight the text, I have to copy from "edit"
    > > If I copy from say note pad, it will not paste into
    > > a webform for example. I have to use "edit" paste.
    > > All the options at the top of the browser work,
    > > File, Edit, View etc and they are clickable, except
    > > for Favourites. If I try Add to Favourites, It won't
    > > do it. Tried repairing IE, but still the same.
    > >
    > > Any ideas please.
    > >
    > > Rhian.

    > Hi Rhian,
    >
    > It's easy to miss your question because you put "Re:" at the
    > beginning of your subject line. It makes your message look like
    > 'you' are replying to someone.
    >
    > Did you add or remove any programs right before this started
    > happening? What OS? Cna you do a Scandisk? Defrag?
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > I would start here:
    > °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"
    >
    > What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    > short cuts, do a
    > Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?

    Hi Boomer.
    Apologies for the "Re:" :eek:)
    Seems those popups are responsible for me
    losing a few items.
    When I closed the second of the popups, the
    PC would close down my connection and I
    had to control alt, delete to restart.
    The spy programs etc. that I used, found spyware
    in several programs inc. Flashget for one.
    Also I've just noticed that I've lost Windows Media player.
    I dont really want to format as I have a lot of stuff on here.
    The only real problem I can see at the moment is the lack of
    right click on any web page.
    Regards.

    Rhian.

    Rhian, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Rhian

    Rhian Guest

    98SE
    Scandisk and defrag no probs.
    Nothing removed until the popups started.

    Rhian, Jun 22, 2004
  5. Rhian

    Boomer Guest

    "Rhian" <> wrote:

    > 98SE
    > Scandisk and defrag no probs.
    > Nothing removed until the popups started.

    Hi
    Please include *some* of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    I would start here:
    °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

    What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    short cuts, do a
    Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?

    What spyware programs did you use? Have you tried to uninstall
    Windows Media player, reboot and reinstall it?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Follow this and try and repair IE 5.5 again.
    http://www.waynescomputerworld.com/IERepair.html

    Thanks. :)

    Boomer, Jun 22, 2004
  6. Rhian

    Rhian Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Rhian" <> wrote:
    >
    > > 98SE
    > > Scandisk and defrag no probs.
    > > Nothing removed until the popups started.

    > Hi
    > Please include *some* of the message you are responding to,
    > in your reply?
    > (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > I would start here:
    > °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"
    >
    > What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    > short cuts, do a
    > Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?
    >
    > What spyware programs did you use? Have you tried to uninstall
    > Windows Media player, reboot and reinstall it?
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > Follow this and try and repair IE 5.5 again.
    > http://www.waynescomputerworld.com/IERepair.html
    >
    > Thanks. :)

    > What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    > short cuts, do a
    > Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?

    That works fine

    > What spyware programs did you use?

    Spywareguard
    Pest patrol
    Spybot S+D
    Adaware 6
    Spyware Blaster
    AVG 7

    Have you tried to uninstall
    > Windows Media player, reboot and reinstall it?

    I haven't tried to re-install Media player yet
    as I hardly use it.

    Can't d/l from any links on waynescomputerworld
    i.e. Encryption pack.
    Right click wont do anything except highlight.
    Rhian.

    Rhian, Jun 23, 2004
  7. Rhian

    Rhian Guest

    Panic over

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Rhian" <> wrote:
    >
    > > 98SE
    > > Scandisk and defrag no probs.
    > > Nothing removed until the popups started.

    > Hi
    > Please include *some* of the message you are responding to,
    > in your reply?
    > (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > I would start here:
    > °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"
    >
    > What happens if you highlight some words then using the keyboard
    > short cuts, do a
    > Ctrl +c, then open notepad or other editior and do a Crtl +v?
    >
    > What spyware programs did you use? Have you tried to uninstall
    > Windows Media player, reboot and reinstall it?
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > Follow this and try and repair IE 5.5 again.
    > http://www.waynescomputerworld.com/IERepair.html
    >
    > Thanks. :)

    Everything now back to normal. (I hope)
    I re-installed IE, rather than the repair, which
    failed last time.
    Everything looks good at the moment.
    Thanks for your help Boomer.
    All the best to you.

    Rhian.

    Rhian, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Rhian

    Boomer Guest

    "Rhian" <> wrote:
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    >> I would start here:
    >> °Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

    [snip]

    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> Follow this and try and repair IE 5.5 again.
    >> http://www.waynescomputerworld.com/IERepair.html
    >>
    >> Thanks. :)

    > Everything now back to normal. (I hope)
    > I re-installed IE, rather than the repair, which
    > failed last time.
    > Everything looks good at the moment.
    > Thanks for your help Boomer.
    > All the best to you.