Re: unwanted sets of copies in MY Pictures!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dshai, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. Dshai

    Dshai Guest

    Yes, I do have a solution, slow down a little and make sure you don't wiggle
    the mouse while you're clicking on a picture, this will cause copies of all
    highlighted (selected) pictures to be created, has since Win95, and likely
    will continue throughout the lifetime of Windows in general.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Jan 18, 2007

  2. "Dshai" wrote:

    > Yes, I do have a solution, slow down a little and make sure you don't wiggle
    > the mouse while you're clicking on a picture, this will cause copies of all
    > highlighted (selected) pictures to be created, has since Win95, and likely
    > will continue throughout the lifetime of Windows in general.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dshai
    >
    > Life is only limited by those living it...
    >
    > "R.C." <> wrote in message
    > > Will VISTA fix Media Center problem which causes multiple sets of unwanted
    > > copies in MY PICTURES ? Or will VISTA make it worse?
    > >
    > > In Windows XP Professional AMD 2x64 core Media Center and all Media
    > > Centers
    > > I tested
    > > there is a big problem which forces the purchaser of this "paid for being
    > > fast"computer to slowest beginner's speed and finally to standstill and
    > > consequently to reverse!
    > > As medium to fast typer please go into MY Pictures, click left on one of
    > > several pictures (or files), press CTRL and hold, then click random on 6,
    > > 10
    > > or more pictures (highlighting in order to do your next command copy) but
    > > before there are c a u s e d without asking sets of copies:
    > > unwanted copies which confuse your files and can cause lots of problems.
    > > After this happens only in Media Center edition, it is a bug without a
    > > solution,
    > > do you have a solution?? Wouldn't you expect a solution ?
    > > I did prove this to Future Shop, Staples ,HP and Microsoft, nobody came up
    > > with anything yet, not a good deal with MEDIA CENTER! MY Picture file is
    > > now corrupted and who knows if that is getting worse in VISTA ????
    > >

    > Thanks for your valuable answer, unfortunately movements are necessary when you have to highlight more than 1 picture, when you do 10 or 25 it is of sure more movement. I do that for many years in Windows 98, XP and other programs without that problem. It showed up only in XP Professional media Center 2005!

    I learned to type quick and guess I am not the fastest, but medium,
    unfortunately I do not have a tuner built in myself to regulate my speed,
    this way I only can go very slow and why did I purchase an expensive "fast"
    2-core computer, I have to ask myself! If Microsoft or HP took out the
    feature me and lots of other people enjoyed, is that so they can sell more
    software as more and more customer get stuck with this, same as only one
    scanner can be used in Media Center?
    Nobody knew, not even Tech support or retailers. Something is fishy here.
    Thanks anyway for your well meant input. R..

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui5DLg==?=, Jan 19, 2007