Re: unwanted drivers at boot

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dominic Payer, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. In Device Manager, uninstall the device.
    In Vista - assuming no change from the beta versions - you will be given the
    option to remove the driver from the system.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 8, 2006

  2. I have stopped using the Fastrack device and instead am using a Via
    controller. This means the device is not listed in Device Manager, but for
    some reason the OS still loads it at boot because i keep getting the driver
    not signed screen. I cannot move my hard-drive back to Fastrack device to
    then delete it as it will de-activate Windows (as i found out when i moved it
    over to Via controller in the first place). I just want to stop Vista loading
    the drivers for this device, especially as it's now been physically removed!

    Colin Maddocks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4gTWFkZG9ja3M=?=, Dec 9, 2006

  3. See http://www.w-tweaks.com/html/vista-tuning.html and set the system
    variable.

    Then, in Device Manager, check the "Show hidden devices" option and you
    should see the Fastrack device and be able to uninstall it.

    The Fastrack device may be visible if you just check the "Show hidden
    devices" option .

    Dominic Payer, Dec 9, 2006
  4. That worked perfectly. Many thanks!!!

    Colin.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4gTWFkZG9ja3M=?=, Dec 9, 2006