Re: "Unusual" camera bags

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pat, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    On Feb 10, 7:07 pm, Alex Singleton <> wrote:
    > I'm not a fan of those camera bags that advertise to thieves that they
    > contain valuable equipment. I sometimes use a coat with large pockets
    > as a sort of camera bag while actually doing a shoot. Do others have
    > unusual alternatives to convential bags?
    >
    > --
    > Alex Singletonhttp://www.alexsingleton.co.uk/

    I use a 24" "sports bag" with a top zipper that is in the form of a
    "C" (not straight down the middle). On the inside, I use thick foam
    with custom cutouts to hold my equipment. I glue a piece of cardboard
    to the bottom of the foam for some stability. I have camera and
    lenses on top and flashed and harder gear on the bottom layer. I keep
    batteries the stuff on the end pockets. There's a water bottle holder
    which is nice and I keep a phone case on the strap so I can keep my
    phone there.

    It's pretty low profile. If you want something less obvious yet (and
    I can't imaging what that would be), buy whatever stealthy thing you
    want. With the foam, it's cheap and you can keep multiple
    configurations at home so use for whatever you are doing.

    Pat, Feb 11, 2009