Re: Unstable wireless connection setting

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 9, 2008.

  1. Hi
    Het the Wireless components out of the Standby loop. I.e they should switch
    to standby.
    male sure that the Network card is Not set to Power Save.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 9, 2008

  2. Hi
    This screen shots are from WinXP with Buffalo Wireless card.
    Windows read the info for the menus from the card's drivers, if you have a
    different card it would look different but the principle should be the same.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 9, 2008

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Carthell Guest

    On May 9, 12:53 pm, Marvin Kornblau <> wrote:
    > I used the closest setting that I could find.  It made
    > matters worse.
    >
    > I then went back to where it was before and it took endless
    > futzing around
    > before I could connect to the Belkin network.  I have no
    > idea of exactly what
    > I did as it took "endless" repetitions to connect.  Any
    > other ideas?

    Barring environmental problems (Hey! Why are you shoving those
    I-beams into your closet??):

    My mom suffered through a wireless PCI card and a USB
    wireless device that (on a Win98se machine, mind you) simply
    could not maintain a connection to my router because it depended
    so much on the 'puter to do the work.

    Check the CPU and memory utilization with and without the device.
    If you see a significant spike in either, trade in the device for
    wired NIC and a wireless access point. With my set-up, my mom's
    PC is happier, and I don't spend hours rebooting and re-entering
    security keys until something decides to work.

    Carthell, May 21, 2008