Re: unknown directory

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by impossible, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "John Potter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >A locked directory called f41ed5ae5c22d88b488f74ae18 has turned up
    > with a subdirectory i386, not on the boot drive. I noticed it first a
    > while after I ran xp service pack 3 from the cd but that may be
    > coincidence. Windows won't let me look at the files in i386 or delete
    > the subdirectory. Does anyone know what this is? I've got the
    > unlocker program from a recent post but I thought it might be a good
    > idea to know what it is first.

    That's a folder created by the SP3 installer. Why it remains after
    installation, I don't know, because it has no on-going purpose You might be
    able to see the contents by setting your folder options to allow viewing of
    protected os files. And if it really bugs you, try deleting the folder in
    safe mode.

    impossible, Sep 7, 2008