Re: Unknown device?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Similar to my Asus A8N-SLI, this motherboard has A.I. NOS/Booster which
    is one, if not both, of those items. Insert your motherboard CD and look
    for \software\aibooster\acpi64 (or similar), copy the drivers to the
    desktop, DECORATE the Windows 2000/XP driver's INF file and install.

    You do not need the AI Booster/NOS software if you do not intend on
    using it. This will merely rid yourself of the exclamation mark.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 14, 2005

  2. Nope Re: Unknown device?

    Thanks for the prompt reply.

    Unfortunately the A8N is a NVIDIA 4 board and, apparently, has the A.I.
    Booster.

    The A8V is a Via K8T800 board and doesn't have anything like A.I. Booster
    ( It can, however, be upgraded to dual core Athlons :)

    Thanks for trying

    DonW

    "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Donald Wilkinson, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Re: Nope Re: Unknown device?

    Right-click the item in question, click properties, navigate to the
    Details tab, click the data in the 'value' text box, press CTRL-C, paste
    it here and send.

    This will help identify the object.

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 14, 2005
  4. AHA! Re: Unknown device?

    Following you advice I checked the device details on my "Unknowndevice"

    It shows:

    DISPLAY\NTATIVMD40\5&313393AF&0&80000007&01&00

    Apparantly it has something to do with my ATI X800

    Maybe I ought to reinstall the ATI drivers?

    Thnaks

    Donald Wilkinson, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    ChrisC Guest

    Re: AHA! Re: Unknown device?

    Hi, have you got a X800 with the theatre chip on it? If so you need to
    upgrade the unknown device drivers manually and use MS own ATI WDM Theatre
    Video and MS ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec drivers...
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Re: AHA! Re: Unknown device?

    Gosh, I'm not sure(I bought the card used -from someone who HAD to have an
    X850)

    Are those drivers somewhere on the Win64 CD?

    DonW

    Donald Wilkinson, Jun 15, 2005