Re: Universally screwed..

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Douglas Bailey, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. jayembee <> wrote:

    > All of the Classic Monster titles are officially OOP. Where Newbury
    > [Comics] has been getting their re-ups on these titles is a mystery to me.

    I think they must have bought some huge overstock of Universal titles
    at some point: they're also the store where I found the _Animal House_
    Collector's Edition for a friend earlier this summer (after it had been
    out of print for a good long while).

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Douglas Bailey

    jayembee Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote:

    >jayembee <> wrote:
    >
    >> All of the Classic Monster titles are officially OOP. Where Newbury
    >> [Comics] has been getting their re-ups on these titles is a mystery to me.

    >I think they must have bought some huge overstock of Universal titles
    >at some point: they're also the store where I found the _Animal House_
    >Collector's Edition for a friend earlier this summer (after it had been
    >out of print for a good long while).

    Well, it's not just Universal. They've been pulling out a lot of
    titles that I haven't seen around in ages. Some technically not OOP,
    but not common either, like some of the early Roan titles. Others
    definitely OOP -- I picked up the HBO edition of the Goldwyn title
    PROUD REBEL from a Newbury within the last couple of months.

    The Fresh Pond store is where most of these seem to end up.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 31, 2003

  3. jayembee <> wrote:
    > Douglas Bailey <> wrote:

    > > I think [Newbury Comics] must have bought some huge overstock of
    > > Universal titles at some point...

    > Well, it's not just Universal. They've been pulling out a lot of
    > titles that I haven't seen around in ages....The Fresh Pond store is
    > where most of these seem to end up.

    I hadn't noticed many OOP titles in that store: may have to give it
    another look. I've generally found my odd still-on-the-shelves titles
    at the Burlington (MA, not VT) store.

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Sep 1, 2003