    You metioned that yours and several others went bad and was just wondering what
    I should look for.
    Thanks

    Film Buff, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Film Buff

    drsd2kill Guest

    I think people were mostly disappointed with the fuzzy, grainy image from an
    old master and lack of any supplements.

    drsd2kill, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Re: Universal Noir <ATTN: Grand Inquisitor > What was wrong with"DI" DVD????

    Film Buff wrote:

    > HI
    > Just wondering what was the problem with the Image "Double Indemnity" DVD???
    > Looked at mine this morning and it was fine.
    > You metioned that yours and several others went bad and was just wondering what
    > I should look for.
    > Thanks

    I cannot explain what the problem is, some say it is the DVD version of
    laser rot. In my case the movie freezes at a certain point and won't
    advance. I can chapter skip ahead and rewind some, but there's always a
    little bit missing. What's odd is that cleaning the disc sometimes
    changes the exact spot where the disc freezes.

    Some people have reported that their discs stopped working entirely, and
    were rejected by multiple players. Double Indemnity is not the only
    movie that this has happened to.

    --
    "I like the cover: 'DON'T PANIC.' It's the first sensible thing I've
    heard all day."

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Film Buff