Re: Unemployment

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Brat, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Brat

    Brat Guest

    let me put it this way... no will rush to Canada for our benefits... max you
    can get is $413/wk CDN... its based on your previous salary at 60%... I just
    got off benefits and I was getting $202/wk for me and 2 kids... ugh! Talk
    about encouragement to get a job huh? lol... well that and I hate getting
    handouts

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Brat

    billyw Guest

    i think the uk has similarities with all these systems.
    having been unemployed prior to starting my own thing you dont get much £110
    per fortnight again for six months. there are other breaks as well depending
    on what your spouse is/isn't earning. other things you can get are
    training.. for instance i got my mcse paid for me. when the 6 months are up
    there are other benefits that you can become eligible for again depending on
    family income.
    UK seems to get social migrants as well.

    thing that bothers me if all these english speaking countries are so bad,
    why do "THEY" insist on coming?

    on the thing about big families. i used to think they were spongers and some
    may be. but with declining birth rates in the "west" they are doing us a
    service.

    billyw, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Brat

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in

    > let me put it this way... no will rush to Canada for our benefits...
    > max you can get is $413/wk CDN... its based on your previous salary at
    > 60%... I just got off benefits and I was getting $202/wk for me and 2
    > kids... ugh! Talk about encouragement to get a job huh? lol... well
    > that and I hate getting handouts

    i feel bad for you. when i was on UI i was young & single. spent most of it
    on two-fours of Black Ice and Algonquin park.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    Things I learnt in the army:
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 13, 2004